Tuesday, August 02, 2005

friendster or not to friendster

I got a friendster account years ago. Kat E invited me. I set up my profile, emailed friends encouraging them to sign up, and ... well there wasn't really anything to do after that. Y'know? None of the people I invited signed up. So I let it sit fallow. Friendster eagerly sends me emails to keep me abreast of the lastest and greatest that it has to offer.

So I logged in today and tooled around with my profile a little. There's groups and discussions and games. It turns out there is a whole daisy chain of acquaintance of mine on there. A person I hate has an account there. There's folks I barely knew from college who have accounts. Heck, it even turns out that My Guy has a closed Friendster account.

And ... I still don't know what the heck to people do on Friendster.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I don't know what people do on there either, but I joined when I was trying to get a new job in a new city. I "made" a lot of contacts via Friendster, but nothing came of it.

Kat E said...

Geez, I haven't logged into Friendster in ages. Yeah, I never really got much out of it either. But guess what method of procrastination I'll be choosing today!?!

ergo said...

PLD: Ah. Good point. The professional contact thing briefly occurred to me. But I would feel so silly trying to schmooze someone who knows that Xanadu is one of my favorite movies. Where's the credibility?

KatE: LOL. On three occasions yesterday My Guy asks "What are you doing." Each time I was retweaking my friendster profile. Busted!

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

:( I was never invited to Friendster. *pout* I don't want it now, anyways.

ergo said...

BBFK: I hear that Friendster is so very 2003, and these days you want to be on Lavalife or My Space.

I didn't invite you cause at that time you were working right next door to me! We didn't need messaging, we went to Merry Ann's for grilled cheese.

=)