Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bride and Prejudice

The musical numbers were less classic Bollywood and more like Joss Whedon's "Once More With Feeling."
(Although I think Joss is a stronger lyricist and songwriter.)

We all know the plot.

The leading lady (Aishwarya Rai)

is not only breathtakingly beautiful. She is smart, sharp, funny, spirited, and a very good dancer - an excellent Eliza Bennett. Probably among the best.

And in a Tiger Beat moment, I want to say that Martin Henderson is dreamy.


Mr. Henderson has less to do in this movie. He seems much less Darcyish, but his every glance and change of expression is an active volcano elevating the temperature on this earth. When he sighed, my heart skipped a beat.

And isn't that what a love story is supposed to do?

3 comments:

Katie said...

OMG, you said Tiger Beat!
(Between you, me and all your readers, I once sent in a cover letter for a job opening I saw there, just for nostalgia's sake.)

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I just saw this recently too. Mark Henderson was definately hot! I loved the "no life, without wife song" . The "show me the way to love" song/part had me gagging. The snake dance part was hilariously painful.
Another thing I noticed was they never kissed, it drove me crazy. All they did was hug. Is kissing a no no in Indian movies. I think there was kissing in Bend it Like Beckham. A very enjoyable film, everyone whol likes Pride and Prejudice should see it, you can always fast forward throught he singing.

ergo said...

PLD: *squeal* Hilarious. That's the kind of job you want to bring up at cocktail parties. =)

SFMD: I noticed the no kissing thing too. Drove me nuts but at the same time I thought it was sweet in a quaint way. I love the snake dance. In fact I wish there were Bollywood dance classes at fitness centers. That's the way I want to work out. Much more amusing than Belly dance classes.

fishlamp: She's really great too.