Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Clang, clang, clang, went the trolley

For inexplicable reasons, I can't shake the thought of the Sweeney Sisters of Saturday Night Live.
The big hair - the Glamorous gowns - the huge smiles - and the medleys! Good God, the medleys.

I used to have a recurring fantasy about being a Sweeney Sister. Ridiculous scats and the bugle beaded dresses with enormous shoulder pads. Expending two cans of hair spray and every night in some resort in the Catskills.

Is there anyone here from Queens? Ah yes, I see a few in the audience. I, myself, come from normal parents. (*badump bump*) But seriously, Folks, you've been a beautiful crowd. I can't think of a more delightful group of people to spend an evening with...

"And the big baboon
one night in June
he married them
and very soon
they went upon their
abadaba honeymoon!"

*Thank you! Good night!*

No comments: