Tuesday, June 28, 2005

new favorite word

Gank.
The usage that I have encountered is to steal: grab + yank = gank.

It's not a nice word, but it sounds great. Try it out.
Gank, gank, gank.
See?

When I was young my parents took me with them to a dinner party. The eldest daughter of the host decided that she was too cool to hang out with me. I sat in her room and entertained myself with her stuffed animals. The best one was a plush stuffed penguin which I ganked at the end of the night. After some negotiation, I was persuaded to release it to its rightful owner in exchange for a stuffed penguin of my own. (No meaningful life lessons were learned here.) My parents were very embarassed. Hers were very amused.

3 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

It sounded like she deserved to have her penguin lifted....er, um...ganked. ;)

Anonymous said...

gank, ganking, ganked is quite proper and popular in southern vernacular, and has been for at least a good decade. i remember the first time i had something valuable to me ganked right out from under me in high school. i forget what it was...

ergo said...

BBFK: Felt good to say it, right? =)

Guy: I am wrestling with the urge to commit acts of petty gankery so's I can use this word more.