Monday, June 13, 2005

Update on the cats and such

No bloodshed. No ear loss. They even have an occasional moment in which they stop staring at each other and seem to relax a little bit.

Things to do:
get driving directions between LAX and Palm Springs for PC's wedding
pay bills
call around about the cost of radio ads for Community Shares
suck it up and go in and look at my data

The local independent bookstore celebrated their anniversary by having a 20% off of everything sale and JD, K and I went. K and I did our best to not buy anything and each walked out with one book. Hers had her laughing to the point of snorting and doubling over. JD got three books and some magazines. As I am fixated on the uncertainty of my next step and a self-help junkie, I got "How to Get Any Job with Any Major:" by Donald Asher. I had an insensitive jerk moment in which I pulled a book out of K's hands and started reading it myself. I didn't realize that I did it until she pointed it out! I was a very bad dog.

JD and her guy had a tiff about the clutter at their place. I am not alone in my struggle with clutter. Me, JD, and K are all wrassling with this problem of too much stuff and not enough space. I went to a local store run by Habitat for Humanity called Homeworks. I am trying to talk myself into taking some things over there. I wish I was a real collector with stuff that I could take to the "Antiques Roadshow." I would express amazement at the projected auction value of my collection of framed Bazooka Joe bubblegum wrappers while insisting that I wanted to keep them as a reminder of my Uncle Gerald. But I just have utter crap.

My Guy made fabulous guacamole yesterday. The avocado is a beautiful fruit. *yum!*

2 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

You definately are a self help junkie, girl.

I'm glad the kitties are OK.

So far the amusing stories that had me snorting in the book store end up somewhat depressing but I still have hope. Some people should not be allowed to get pets! It is so depressing how stupid some people are, and how utterly evil others are. Alot of the stories are about her dealing with the fact that suddenly she is no longer attractive to men. Which I can totally identify with.

ergo said...

It's like my cooking thing, the next best thing to doing it is to read about it! =P

The kitties are still okay, although mine is quite the bully!

Sorry your book is a downer. As George Carling points out when you bring home a pet you bring home a little piece of death. Unless you get one of those long-lived tortoises, it is unlikely that they will outlive you. Instant heartbreak.