Friday, June 24, 2005

inexplicable wants.

I don't know why this lyric would pop into my head but it has.

"All I want is a room somewhere,
Far away from the cold night air.
With one enormous chair,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?

Lots of choc'lates for me to eat,
Lots of coal makin' lots of 'eat.
Warm face, warm 'ands, warm feet,
Aow, wouldn't it be loverly?"
-Alan Jay Lerner and Frederic Loewe

I wish I had an enormous overstuffed armchair in a overly air conditioned room. With a really big Coke Icee and a bowl of cashews within reach. And a totally engrossing 800 page summer read.

4 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Yes that is a great song. From "My Fair Lady" right? Well harry potter is coming out soon. That should give you your 800 page summer read.

ergo said...

sfmd: Right. My Fair Lady. A new Harry Potter book. Yay!

Lever said...

This new Potter book had *better* be good :) I got up and went to the store at 5 in the morning to get the last one and I was a tad disappointed...

ergo said...

Harry Potter was a whiny teenager in the last book. Not very likeable. But I was very happy for Neville Longbottom.