Sunday, September 25, 2005

kinda like Carrie except in my laundry basket

Yesterday while vegging on the couch I looked over at Tweety sacked out on her back and noticed that her left front leg, and a part of her chest was pink. On Kitty, I would assume that the pink was the result of a vicious attack on a red pen or pink highlighter (Which has happened). But on Tweety, the civilized baby, it might be blood. On inspecting her paws, and legs and belly etc there were no cuts or abrasions or open wounds and she was purry and happy.

Today I look over at Tweety chilling in the laundry basket and her leg is bloody, her paw is bloody, her tail is bloody and, whoa! Bloody cat face!

A scan through the yellow pages for a Vet who takes emergency visits from strange cats on a Sunday afternoon, a phone call, a push into the cat carrier and we are on our way to the Webster Groves Animal Hospital (an impressive place that looks like a smaller pet version of General Hospital.)

The kind Dr. comes the conclusion that I had worked out on the drive over - bad teeth. Her gums are raw on the right side. And advises that she needs to have her teeth cleaned.

As long as there are no behavior changes to the Tweety we know and love, I am inclined to agree with this assessment. But oh man. I cannot tell you how scary it was to look over and see Tweety with a mouth and chin covered in blood.

4 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

I feel SO out of the loop! I don't even *know* Tweety...however I can still appreciate the shock value. Hope she's OK...

P.S. I thought you were living in a "no cat's allowed" zone?

ergo said...

She seems to be doing just fine.

Tweety got a reprive until October. The powers that be can be kind of capricious.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I would have totally freaked.

ergo said...

I had this whole thing in my head where I had to stay calm for Tweety. She might freak out if she felt like I was freaking out. But I did almost breakdown speaking with person at the front desk.