Friday, September 30, 2005

Can't predict the weather ...

We paid SBC a pretty penny and they lost it. The money has been deducted from My Guy's account but according to SBC, they don't recall getting the cash and we still owe them.

I have called and called. They asked me to Fax them. So I did. And then I called again. They said that it would take 7 days. I called again. They said that it would take 14 days. They said to call back at the end of the week. And now they say that the accounting office (in Texas) was flooded during Hurricane Rita. The office is closed and I need to fax all that stuff to another call center.

I believe them but I tell you, it feels like the ultimate "Dog Ate My Homework" excuse. To hear the customer service person say "It's not our fault that there was a Hurricane." Was quite frustrating. You do not control the weather but supposedly you do know how to process bills and keep track of accounts.

Can I use that excuse to not pay my bill? "Well, I hear that y'all are suffering from the effects of a Hurricane and I know what a hard time you have keeping track of money. And I would hate to have you lose my payment again, so I'm gonna hold on to this check until you call me and let me know that things are back to normal." I think they would slap the leg irons on me and put me on the chain gang.

In happier news, G got her very first job offer. *yay* The sign of more and better to come. *cheers*

3 comments:

MomVee said...

I got something similar from the insurance company--"Your doctor billed with the wrong code. They shouldn't be billing you for this. Just tell him you're not responsible for these charges." Oh yeah, I'll just tell the gas company too: "Stop bothering me. I'm not responsible."

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I think if they can't properly process payments you shouldn't have to pay until they get there act together.

ergo said...

Momvee: It's frustrating. In the case of insurance much, much more so.

SFMD: Makes sense to me. But I doubt they see it that way.