Monday, December 18, 2006

when you wish upon a christmas star

I am a how-to junkie. I am not particularly handy with the making of things but I just love reading about the process.
For every "For Dummies" book there is me wishing I had the money to purchase them all and become slightly more educated on a million different topics. Like Napoleon Dynamite, I feel that skills are important.

So I was thrilled to find the wikihow. A wiki how-to manual full of advice and activities. Like "How to Make a Toothbrush Bracelet"

One of today's featured how-to's is "How to Make a Christmas Card Star." The instructions start off looking pretty doable.


from www.wikihow.com


Then they get a little tricky.
from www.wikihow.com


But if you keep at it you could end up with something really nice.
from www.wikihow.com


And a firmer grasp on certain elements of geometry.

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Kat E said...

So, is that your finished product or was that on the web site? It's lovely!

 
At 12:24 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger ergo said...

kat e: ooop. Let me put the proper references in. That is what it's supposed to look like. It would probably look more deformed by my hand.

 
At 11:59 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger snowcrush said...

don't know if my geometry's up to par for a star...

 
At 1:48 AM, December 21, 2006, Blogger ergo said...

snowc: I know! This is a case where I would have to trace the darn thing out and fold and fold and fold until the thing fell apart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home