Monday, June 13, 2005

babel fish, the beta version?

I have been clicking to the "Next Blog" on blogger lately. I come across sites that are in other languages that offer a google translation of their text. I tried it out on my own words. I took:
"No bloodshed. No ear loss. They even have an occasional moment in which they stop staring at each other and seem to relax a little bit."

Which after google translates it from english to french to english to spanish to english comes back as:
"No bath of the blood. No loss of the ear. They even have awhile occasional he, where they stop watching mutually and they look like small to facilitate."

Okay, I took the time to mangle it. Could be worse. But I do wish I could actually read the Blog de Magda cuz it looks cool.

Magda:
Cuando se habla o se escucha hablar de sexo o de relaciones sexuales se da por asentado que hay erotismo; de igual forma, entramos a una página con desnudos y creemos que es una "página erótica".
Google:
When it is spoken or it is listened to speak of sex or of sexual relations one occurs by based that eroticism are; similarly, we entered a page with naked and think that it is a "erótica page"
My best guess:
When one speaks of, or listens to talk of sex or sexual relations ... (uh, something like: eroticism is unavoidable) ... in same way that one opens a page to nudes and thinks that it is a page of erotica.

Must learn some languages....

2 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Nice experiment, girl. I'm in the mood to engage in that right now, although I should be working hard.
(*that* being random, wacky web explorations)

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Ok I can;t find this google translation thing. sounds cool though