Thursday, December 15, 2005

cake and socks, just not on the same plate

1. Dear MomVee, Kat E, Fishlamp, and Misswg I am without addresses for mailing at this moment. Please email me (ergodica at yahoo dot com) and I will send ya CD's forthwith.

2. I did cry at the wedding. The bride had such a teary happy look on her face that everytime I looked at her I got weepy. While it is not fashionable these days to put a little bride and groom on top of your cake I thought theirs was very romantic.
weddingcakecakecutting
It was a small and simple affair. Very intimate with close friends and relatives. And really fantabulous food. At least the vegetarian plate was pretty darn good. There was snow outside and talk of hoildays and the chance to touch base with friends.

3. I went to Osco to buy a toothbrush. And I walked out with socks:
warm and comfywarm and fuzzy And they are silly warm and fuzzy. Before this I would describe happiness in many ways but now I can describe happiness as a pair of fuzzy socks.

4. I am disturbed to consider that the CEOs who close factories and layoff their employees will get a raise or a bonus for taking such actions. If a company is in enough trouble that they need to close factories and fire people, where do they get the money to give a CEO or upper management bonuses and raises in the millions of dollars? I do not see where a person should be rewarded for such actions even if it does save money for the shareholder.