Saturday, December 10, 2005

bits and noise

1. There are the usual places where air will escape from the body. The back end. As discussed recently by Jay. And the nose and mouth. But this morning I woke to the sensation of having air pass from another body cavity and am a bit puzzled as to how it got there in the first place. (!)

2. I am going to the wedding of SS who is marrying AE, his girlfriend of 9-10 years today. I imagine that I will get teary at this shin-dig as that is what I do of late. It didn't used to be that way but as the years pass I guess I become more of a sap. (If that is possible.) I have been going to weddings since my freshman year of high school and attended most of them alone. Which is not as much fun now as it used to be. Over time weddings have become very Noah's Ark - it 's a good idea to show up as a pair. Showing up alone makes you the odd woman out. Today, I have a date. My Guy is wearing a purple shirt. Which is snazzy. I have broached the possiblity of branching out into other colors for the sake of variety: blue or off white or pink but so far have met with a tepid response. Just another gal trying to redress her man I guess.

3. And I am about at the end of my trailing days in Champing-Urbanana. The weekly 4-6 hours of driving will not be missed but the people and favorite haunts will. I had an order of super nachos yesterday in honor of this impending change and was uncomfortably full for the rest of the day. It is a dish better consumed drunk. As is true of the Stack. But it was delightful nonetheless.

3 comments:

Lever said...

Ah, so is that why the call it the Windy City? ;)

I think you suit red, definitely. You looked good in red last time :)

And 6 hour drives? Damn, I need another 6 hour drive... where's my BBFK when I need her?

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

('scuse me for a sec, Sooz-babe...) My Lever, did I just read what I THOUGHT I read? You NEED an long drive? How 'bout the 10 hour one I got coming up, would that do ya? ;)

And I viewed pictures of the wedding, BTW. You had a lovely grin in every one! You looked nice, too. :D

ergo said...

the two of you are welcome to join me on 6 hour drives whenever they come up. or take your own, *wink*

lever: the bbfk is good about roping (I mean inviting) folks along on long car trips. *laughs*

bbfk: I can't tell if you are referring to me or lever in these wedding pictures.