Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the usual nonsense

I came home to find a plumber in my bathroom. Apparently the floor around the toilet bowl was rotted and water was leaking everywhere, including the downstairs neighbor's apartment. For every moment spent on the throne there was a chance that I would fall through the floor while doing my business. The mind reels! They have replace the floor around the toilet and need to get in to do the same for the floor around the tub. I am afraid of my shower. *!*

The plumber and my landlord both thought that Kitty was the greatest.
=)

**

Today, My Guy intimated to me in the car that I seem to want to hit pedestrians. I waved this off and replied snappishly, but as I drove up on the curb to pass a very slow cadillac hesitant to merge left, I realized that I drive like a jackass. Everyone thinks that they have good taste, a sense of humor, and they are good drivers. Ah, the pain of new-found self-knowledge.

**

The right strap of my backpack broke. It came crashing down with my laptop in it. So far things are still working. *whew* As a righty I keep picking it up by the bad strap and then have to transfer it to my other shoulder. It's a process.

**

Yesterday my advisor looked at me after a brief conference and said: "I finally get the impression that you want leave here." And so I went on to drop links into this blog and try to come down from four day my caffeine-orama.

Mmmmm... Coffee....

2 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Girl-you find excitement in the strangest places. ;) SOlid work...

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Oh girl, I'm so glad neither of us ever crashed through the floor while using the throne. And your kitty is oh so cool. And its perfectly natural to want to hit pedestrians when you live where we do. Stupid undergrads and their parents. They (the undergrads) think they own the world.