Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ready for my close-up

Last night G called me and asked if she could borrow my hands. Her friend R (the painter) came down to urbanana with a camcorder. She had decided to make a movie starring G. She wanted scenes in which G had four hands. I provided additional hands. Lots of light, lists of shots, take after take. Millions of decisions to make: what to wear, where to shoot, iron skillet or stainless steel, onions and tomatoes or just onions. R had clear ideas about how things should look and what should happen. Obviously Directors direct.

It was interesting but slow going. I have thought that I want to make a movie someday. But an observation My Guy made hovers at my shoulder. He says my disasterously messy apartment reflects a person who has trouble making choices. I think about that because it is true. And standing around with my hands in the frame I thought to myself "I will never make a movie. I can't make all of those little and big choices." But driving home at 2am it occurred to me that I make choices when I write songs. And when I write these posts and while it doesn't seem like it ... I do a little editing and editing is making choices. I don't make a lot of choices and I have trouble with the ones regarding my possessions but I can and I do. So who knows, maybe you'll come to this site someday and there will be a link to a 5 minute film of a girl eating a sandwich or something made by me.

No comments: