Thursday, January 18, 2007

Brought to you by the letter "N"

Ten things that I like that start with the letter "N"

1. New York - It's the walking down the street that I really like. Best thing for a bad mood is to step outside on a crisp day and walk somewhere.

2. Nectarines - slightly underripe, chilled in the fridge on a hot summer day. Sun speckled, crisp, and delicious.

3. Nissan Sentra - My favorite car is the 1999 Red Nissan that I inherited from my father. It had this feature where the driver's side door would fly open while one drove down the road. For a while it would stay shut when I locked it. The day it stopped doing that my father urged me to retire it. Only to start driving it himself again, the sneak!

4. Noodles - I like carbs of all kind. I have yet to meet a carb I don't like. But noodles in particular are divine.

5. Nocturnal - I am. I am up way too late all the time wishing that I knew if anyone else out there was still awake and wanted to discuss theories of the universe, life epiphanies, or neuroses at 3am over milkshakes and potato skins.

6. Nap - after a night like that a nap is clearly the best thing.

8. Nanowrimo - A special activity for the month of November. The one that makes November the second coolest month of the year. On my honor I will try: to complete Nanowrimo, eat more fiber, and live by the girl scout laws.

9. What's a goat raised to the negative nine? A Nano-goat.

10. nerdcore - I am a nerd. I have never liked the word nerd. But this practice of putting -core as a suffix to indicate excessiveness to the max, I can approve of that. Makes being a nerd seem that much closer to being a geek. Unlike the nerd, the geek is not to be pitied. The carnival geek bites the heads off of live chickens. The geek elicits a response of horror, revulsion, and fascination. It is a confrontational form of freakiness having to do with what you do as much as who you are.

Apparently, it is also a subgenre of hiphop. One of its practitioners is MC Frontalot. Is this guy for real?

In case you were wondering numbers 11-20 are:

the norm from which we deviate
narrative
neuron
navy blue
neurotic
ne'er do well
nociceptive
navel gazing
nilla wafer
not half bad

meme brought to you via random rants and moody musings

4 comments:

ldbug said...

You were up late typing this, weren't you;-)

Molly said...

Ooh fun! Love the list. Though now I must confess that I am jonesing for a nectarine and I think that I am out of luck on that one for a few more months.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Nice. ;)

(and the red car was my fav too) :)

ergo said...

snowbug: n for nocturnal, don't ya know! ; )

molly: thanx. My friend CK has found someone to hook her up with nectarines out of season. I admit to being a little jealous.

BBFK: I did not know that! hee!
I think you've seen all the cars I drove in CU.

Remember when we tried to drive JE to the airport in the Jetta?