Brought to you by the letter "N"
Ten things that I like that start with the letter "N"
1. New York - It's the walking down the street that I really like. Best thing for a bad mood is to step outside on a crisp day and walk somewhere.
2. Nectarines - slightly underripe, chilled in the fridge on a hot summer day. Sun speckled, crisp, and delicious.
3. Nissan Sentra - My favorite car is the 1999 Red Nissan that I inherited from my father. It had this feature where the driver's side door would fly open while one drove down the road. For a while it would stay shut when I locked it. The day it stopped doing that my father urged me to retire it. Only to start driving it himself again, the sneak!
4. Noodles - I like carbs of all kind. I have yet to meet a carb I don't like. But noodles in particular are divine.
5. Nocturnal - I am. I am up way too late all the time wishing that I knew if anyone else out there was still awake and wanted to discuss theories of the universe, life epiphanies, or neuroses at 3am over milkshakes and potato skins.
6. Nap - after a night like that a nap is clearly the best thing.
8. Nanowrimo - A special activity for the month of November. The one that makes November the second coolest month of the year. On my honor I will try: to complete Nanowrimo, eat more fiber, and live by the girl scout laws.
9. What's a goat raised to the negative nine? A Nano-goat.
10. nerdcore - I am a nerd. I have never liked the word nerd. But this practice of putting -core as a suffix to indicate excessiveness to the max, I can approve of that. Makes being a nerd seem that much closer to being a geek. Unlike the nerd, the geek is not to be pitied. The carnival geek bites the heads off of live chickens. The geek elicits a response of horror, revulsion, and fascination. It is a confrontational form of freakiness having to do with what you do as much as who you are.
Apparently, it is also a subgenre of hiphop. One of its practitioners is MC Frontalot. Is this guy for real?
In case you were wondering numbers 11-20 are:
the norm from which we deviate
ne'er do well
not half bad
meme brought to you via random rants and moody musings