Sunday, April 23, 2006

grilled cheese + late night =

J said that her mother refused to vote for Kerry because if she did "Robots would take over the earth."
How cool would that be. I love robots. Who doesn't love robots?

I got a free CD because I wore a crazy patterned shirt and I smile too much.

The social skills that I posses appear to be a figment of my imagination.

In my time of deep hermitage, I find that ghosts from my past keep me company. The most painful apparitions are of myself. What an idiot I was and have been and probably still am.

Whenever Z posts on her LJ it is poetry. And I realize how much it is missing from my life. And I wonder if it is like a season that will return or if it is gone like yesterday.

----

The thing about the arts in the States is that the artists starve doing it. And because they do, their work gets twisted around lack and hunger.

The thing about the States is that the number of us that literally starve is comparatively low.

The thing about the States is while we display caloric wealth on our person, our souls starve, consuming us from within. There's plenty of God and there's plenty of goods but still something is missing.

It is an awareness that our society and economy is currently designed to make most of us silent, passive, obsolete and irrelevant. And that = hunger.

With material wealth there comes a point at which having more brings diminishing returns in the happiness question.

But the knowing has not stopped me.
From wanting.

No comments: