Saturday, July 02, 2005

Microsoft Excel has unexpectedly quit

Turns out my computer has some kind of resistance to statistics too.

I had finally given up on actually understanding the statistical analyses that I am using in favor of just looking at the P value. All set to crank. And Excel shuts down on me. *!* When I reopen the program the tool menu is missing from the top bar. I can't analyze jack shit now.

The Microsoft "never much help" menus all require that I fix problems I have with the tool menu by actually clicking on things that are in the tool menu.

In my sleep deprived derangement I about started to cry.

I know, I know I can still use the statistical functions. They are able to do all the necessary calculations. And I should find a proper statistical package. Not some @#$#@%'d up kludge that normal people use for, uh, what do y'all use this steaming piece of #!@% for?

I just.

I thought I was getting somewhere.

2 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

What about Kaleidagraph?

ergo said...

SFMD: Never heard of it, is it any good?