Friday, July 08, 2005

blog faux pas

I commented on a stranger's blog. (It's a very charming blog) She was requesting comments from bitter people. (Who knows bitter? I know bitter. I smile, I laugh, I kid, but hey - I know bitter.) So comment I did. And was chastised and rebuffed by both author and a reader. *ouch!*

I stepped in it. I was just trying to share and offer a little support. I misunderstood.

I get snarky about how very excessively sweet and supportive people are when commenting. But I understand. Now a little more acutely than before. *wince* We're all beautiful sensitive people out here sharing our lives, sharing our thoughts. It's scary. And it's a rare person who really likes a storm cloud.

So if I have been snarky or bitter or cold on your site, I am very sorry. I think you're sooo lovely, else I wouldn't be reading. I am putting myself on a regimen of sweets, Hallmark cards and Disney movies to try and remedy the situation. No guarantee that it will work.

No bitter for you!

(All for me, right here. ;P )

5 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Wait your empathizing and someone got all snarky on you. What a B*.

MomVee said...

Be as bitter as you like on my blog, babe. I know how sweet (and soft) you are inside, and the bitter is a delicious contrast.

ergo said...

DM: *grin* I'll try not to go overboard.

SFMD: I think I would have been more comfortable with a snarky reply. It was more of a "now, now, no need to be so bitter" kind of thing.

MV: Hee. Thanks!

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

People are flakey. They don't know what they want. And you're cool.
Snark away, baby.....

ergo said...

Just goes to show ya, nothing beats fishing for sympathy on your own blog.

(actual smile is way bigger than this -> =)

Thanks!