Monday, April 02, 2007

We live our lives as if tomorrow will closely resemble today

Because it is a thing that grown ups do and because I am lucky to have a benefit such as this, I am looking through the 401k info for my job. There is a worksheet that I am recommended to fill out and the first question is:
In approximately how many years to you plan to retire?

My options are:
In 4 to 6 years
In 7 to 10 years
In 11 to 16 years
More than 16 years

Based on my age and my current lack of independent wealth, I suppose I'll be working for more than 16 years.

*sigh*

4 comments:

keNYC said...

yeah ergie, and i'll be working FOR-EV-ER....FOR-EV-ER....*fading out* for-ev-er.....

searchingforMrDarcy said...

same here girl, I'm still amazed every month that I might actually have some money left over to buy gas if I need it. I haven't even looked at my 401K worksheet. :)
On the plus side, I think we finally enjoy our jobs.

ergo said...

kenyc: nonsense you will hit it big, invest wisely and laugh all the way to the bank.

sfmd: glad that you enjoy yours. can't exactly echo that sentiment on my end.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Oh I see, it is New York you are enjoying.