Monday, February 04, 2008

aspirations in the clouds

This morning it snowed big fuzzy fluffy happy flakes.
Although by the time I got to the Island Manhattan, it was more rainy than snowy.

For whatever reason I am recalling a lovely movie called "Waitress." At one point in the movie they play a cover of the Howard Jones song "No One Ever Is to Blame."

The Emile Millar cover in conjunction with this scene in the movie and the story of this waitress is exquisitely heartbreaking from the opening line:

"You can look at the menu but you just can't eat
You can feel the cushions but you can't have a seat."
-Howard Jones


It might be the kind of thing that hits you differently at 37 than at 15.

1 comment:

MomVee said...

Yes. Although what always has killed me about that song is the chord change on the second-to-last "blame."

I'm tagging you for a meme. Rules on my blog.