Monday, October 23, 2006

it's all in the associations

One of the many irritating things about using microsoft office at work has recent done a 180 degree turn for me.

I hate the Paper Clip. It's irritating to have a Paper Clip with eyeballs hover around you and interrupt you offering unsolicited advice.

In clicking around somehow I got to a menu that allowed me to choose the character of the help icon. Now it's a cute orange kittycat. She purrs and naps and presses her paws against the pane of the monitor. When she has a suggestion she sits patiently with a little lightbulb hovering over her. And what was an irritation is now a cute and helpful pet.

Someone needs to write me a script so I can give her a saucer of cream.

5 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

Oh my gosh you poor girl! I didn't know you didn't know you could change the offic icon. Yes that paper clip is just terrible. The computer guy is at least better. I have had the cute puppy dog for about 5 years. He barks and wiggles his tail when he gets an idea. The kitty kat sounds cute too.

Oh and how much acid was someone on when they dreamed up the paperclip.

ergo said...

sfmd: I know! Who in this world thinks an animated paper clip is a good idea?!!

Kat E said...

I'm a kitty convert. Let me know if you ever find that script!

MomVee said...

NSBR helped me make the paper clip go away a couple of years ago. I'm not sure I would even like the kitty. I like to be left alone.

ergo said...

kat e: It might be up to us to write it!

momvee: I'm surprised by how much I enjoy the feline company.