Sunday, October 22, 2006

Finishing School

Back in the day families could send their daughters to finishing school where they could learn the womanly arts. And train to be gracious and ladylike. For all the education (and miseducation) I have had, it occurs to me that I might want to find one.


Because I eat like:



from www.designedtoat.com

and


from www.mac.umaine.edu


I laugh like:

from www.myworldfarm.com


I converse like:

from www.wunderground.com


I blow my nose like the mating call of:

from www.nhptv.org


and I party like:

from www.bristolzoo.org.uk


Uh, yeah. So if you have any recommendations I am all ears.

3 comments:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

*laughing*
Well I didn't feel too down on myself in these areas until I arrived in a country where everyone tends to speak quietly and have a different level of table manners than anywhere I've experienced, starting with: I hold my fork in my right hand. *sigh* I figure that I will only offer to change to my left hand if everyone promises to use chopsticks whenever we consume Chinese, Korean, or Japanese food. And speaking of, I'm hurting for sushi.

ergo said...

sfmd: well I guess I've got that going for me.

bbfk: I am as prone to the power pf suggestion as ever. Sushi ... mmmmm sounds like a plan.

Be right Back

searchingforMrDarcy said...

What they don't have sushi in Jolly Ole England? Come back across the pond were you can hold your fork in your right hand. If I had to hold the fork in my left hand I'd loose alot of weight, or maybe I'd just start using my hands.
And guess I'll be joing Ergo at her finishing school.