Tuesday, November 01, 2005

anything to not wrestle with the beast

I have some songs up on purevolume. You can check out my pugly self and hear me bring my genre - meatball folk music to the people.

I recorded the rest of what I have written so far with JE but have heard nothing from him since the recording session regarding whether or not they have been mastered. It feels like a tricky delicate situation. When a friend records you (and not a super close friend) for free how obnoxious are you allowed to be about getting a finished product? I feel really weird about being pushy on this matter for some reason. It's a vibe I get more than anything. So I am talking to D at Backhouserecording about setting up to do a few sessions. Fingers crossed that I don't choke and I get some decent tracks out of it.

BBFK sent me some really cool goodies in the mail. I got bacon band-aids. Too cool. My Guy is trying to injure himself in a way that warrants a slice of bacon band-aid. Last night he kept pointing at his cheek trying to convince me that he had a horrible cut that needed bacon.

It rained something horrible last night so there was no trick-or-treatin'. We made rice crispies and watched a very bad Zombie movie about an infected inmate that infects a maximum security prison. Lots of scenes in which people vomit blood.

My folks tell me and AR confirms that the growing season was not so hot this year. There was not enough rain. My folks went to the Okeydokey orchard to get apples. They call it the Okeydokey orchard because the owner says "okeydokey" to everything they say. (maybe their accents are problematic) But there were no apples to buy. The apples grew to only slightly bigger than golf balls this year so they were selling cider instead of apples. So we have got our rain at the wrong time of the year this year.

5 comments:

MomVee said...

Someday I'll be able to say, "I sang with her! I lived next door to her!"

Kat E said...

and I saw her band play in the basement at a random Halloween party!

ergo said...

fishlamp: Thanks! I'll see what I can do about all that.

momvee: See, I already say tha whenever someone mentions your name. =)

kat e: Ah yes, the night we covered Rage Against the Machine.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Whaaaa! I have not had a cordial relationship with my computer today. It is being a bitch about playing your tunes. 'Course, I already KNOW they're good. (Yes, Fishlamp: her voice is shocking and incredible.)

ANyways, I laughed my ass off about your guy needing a bacon fix... Did ya make the worms glow, too? They made me v. happy when we got into them ourselves, yesterday.
See: :D

ergo said...

I think the worms are more delicious when glowing.

=)