Thursday, October 13, 2005

home again

My little cousin is 30.
My friends have grown up.
My feet and knees hurt from walking from Central Park South to 14th street.
The world is turning faster than I thought.

I wore everything I packed except a little black dress and a tank top.
The kitchen is a mountain of dirty dishes
and I must accept the fact that I can't survive on five hours of sleep a night for 9 days.

The man on television (from kentucky) is playing a guitar-like instrument with a body made from a fruitcake tin.

There is so much to remember, it is hard to know where to start or what to say. It's always like that.

4 comments:

BethInPortland said...

"You know you're getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces
and wonder what else you could do while you're down there."
George Burns

Amen!

ergo said...

fishlamp: I don't notice it so much day to day but when I'm at any kind of reunion it really hits me.

bethinportland: *chuckle* I second that sentiment, sister.

Lever said...

And then, when you think you've learnt all the skills you need to keep up with the current wave of events, someone introduces a new way of doing things and you have to keep up with that too...

Land, a cottage, a few acres of hemp, a deisel generator and a broadband connection... that'll do nicely :)

ergo said...

New tricks for old dogs? Now, that's just unfair! =)

Throw some electric goats and sheep into that picture for the proper neo-rustic feel.th