Wednesday, November 14, 2007

such a late update

So. I did learn the choreography. And I slapped on some zombie makeup and went out to Tompkins Square park and took part in Thrilling the World.

And according the website, at least unofficially, a new world record has been set. 1,722 people in 52 cities on 5 continents danced simultaneously to "Thriller" at the same time.

There is Youtube video but I was in the very far back corner of the formation so there is the occasional glimpses of my hair or my elbow but very little else. Alas.

Having a goofy thing like this to prepare for, focus on, look forward to. Having an excuse to dance around the house. Taking time to actively connect my brain to the coordinated movement of my body. Having "Thriller" be my internal soundtrack for a week. And doing one of the many ridiculous things that appeal to me that I usually find out about after the fact - well I tell ya, it was grand. Really grand.

I think I am starting to get the hang of the zombie makeup. Now I need to work on the bloody gaping wounds. Next time.

2 comments:

MomVee said...

Awesome. Just awesome. And now I know why you're hungry for brains.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Aw...how fucking cool is that! Wish I coulda been a zombie with ya. ;) I wore my "I heart brains" (with a zombie picture) for Halloween and got some squeals of laughter. I miss the US's way of partying for Halloween even more than the yearly gorge on turkey...