Friday, September 28, 2007

looking back

long ago
long long ago
when we were young and foolish and open hearted
we used to walk and talk and laugh and dream
we used to believe in love and trust everything
it was all good. it was going to be fine

long ago
long long ago
we used to fall in love so hard that we didn't recognize our own faces in the mirror.
we used to suffer the loss of love as starvation of the body and lay alone in our beds like they were rafts afloat on a sea of sadness.
we used to go to parties that weren't parties until a window was broken.
it was all good. it was going to be fine

long ago
long long ago
how I wish my arms reached far enough to wrap them around us back then.
we didn't need it then as much the need i feel to do it now.
it was all good. it was going to be fine.

it still is.

1 comment:

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

We did need some wisdom and hugs back then. For me, most days were a cliffs that I jumped off of with abysses in my view. I had no vision for the future and I could not see where I was going or even how there could be a future.
It's hard to watch Erin in grad school now, and yet she is doing so much better than I did...
I'm glad you look back on those days and have similar feelings to me...
XO