Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dance a littler closer to me

People ask me what I am looking for in a man - some kind of checklist.

Long, long ago I wanted to be with someone who was smart, cute, and a really good dancer. When it was clear that the really good dancer part would be hard ... I revamped the list. In fact every time I date someone I find that I revamp the list based on what I learn about him or what I learn about me while being with him.

There's so much revamping that has happened over time that I no longer really have a list. I mean, I suppose it's there somewhere, but I find a mystery to the chemistry between people that serves to undermine the use of lists.

I'm hoping that I'll know it when I see it. I'm hoping that is a matter of kissing enough frogs. I'm hoping that it is a matter of time and not a matter of luck.

FS is getting married in two weeks and this is what she says about her fiance:

"turns out that I actually really just enjoy his company more than most people's"

That sounds like a great reason to be with someone.

No comments: