Monday, January 09, 2012

RSVP to Public TV

I have just watched the first season of Downton Abbey, my what a cliffhanger. With so many of these British costume dramas about the country estates, one would think that there was a limit to my capacity for watching them. But there is not.

While a young woman, I would have been watching the show in pins and needles over Lady Mary. The show would have been all about her quest for happiness or at least satisfaction. But I find that I turn my attention to other amusements.

Dame Maggie Smith is hilarious as Violet.


Mr. Bates is ever so grand.


And Lord Grantham is dreamy.

Isn't he?

PBS is showing Season Two this month and next. Ladies and Gents, it is with much regret that I must decline your Sunday evening invitations for a prior engagement.

No comments: