Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunday in the Nabe

In my hood there is a place called Bonnie's Grill. Bonnie's has a reputation for serving a hell of a burger. Last Sunday I took myself over there to check it out for myself. Long counter, some tables, the football game - Bills vs. Patriots.

I got seated in the back and read "Good Omens" (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman) and had me a cheddar burger medium with lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup, spicy mayo, mustard, a bottle of Lone Star, and a side of fries.

The burger was fresh off the grill. Charred and Black on the outside like a soul in hell yet bleeding. As I ate it I started watching the game and ... for the first time in my life I understood what was going on.

It was great. But I'm sure my cholesterol level and my waistline wish I had more cravings for fresh vegetables.

2 comments:

MomVee said...

Spooky, Ergo. I just read "Good Omens" last week. What would make both of us pick it up at the same time, so many years after it was published?

Is this a good omen?

Kat E said...

Even spookier, I just read that book this summer...

Does that mean the apocalypse is coming?