Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Dance of Love

I love the Japanese movie "Shall We Dance." I get incredibly choked up over it. I just think about the scene *sniff* with the daughter *sniff* *grabs tissue* ...

With this in mind I had some reservations about the U.S. version of this movie. It's not as good. Still there's something about a dance movie. Especially a ballroom dance movie -

J. Lo:
"The rumba is a vertical expression of a horizontal wish. You have to hold her like the skin on her thigh is your reason for living. Let her go like your heart's being ripped from your chest. Pull her back like you're gonna have your way with her - right here on the dance floor. And then finish like sh'e ruined you for life."

Not J. Lo to a stunned Richard Gere:
"See, why can't you just do it like that?"

*fans self, blushing*

4 comments:

Jay said...

All hot and bothered?

ergo said...

Well, I suppose it's hotter to watch it since J. Lo is demonstrating the proper attitude towards the rumba whiel dancing with a female student.

ergo said...

Good to know I'm not the only one.

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

Racey explanation. I like it.