Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's in the transitions

I woke up this morning and thought to myself, "I'd really like to take a yoga class. It's been forever. I wonder if A. is still teaching at Laughing Lotus."

A. is my favorite teacher in NYC. To be fair, I've only interacted with about 11 teachers since moving here. He has great taste in music. He gives great talks and puts together graceful, dancerly, butt kicking, mind boggling, sweat drenching yoga practices. And he has a beautiful holy essence.

I checked the Laughing Lotus site and he is there no more.

Life moves fast, my friends. In New York, especially. When you encounter a magical moment, stop and savor it completely. Because there is no way to know how long you will be there or whether you will encounter it again. If you do, it probably won't be the same. At the very least, you won't be the same.

Ariel Karass, Namaste. Thank you.

3 comments:

searchingforMrDarcy said...

I would say trying 11 different yoga instructors is quite a good number. Sorry you lost your butt kicking Guru :(

Anonymous said...

Ariel teaches a class on Wednesday night at Kula Yoga in Tribeca. Just so you know.

And I agree, his sequencing is totally unique.

Anonymous said...

He also teaches at Greenhouse Holistic in Williamsburg. Wednesdays at 3pm and Saturdays at 4:30. Love him!