Friday, March 21, 2008

I tell myself that in sum it's mostly good news here

The good news is that I have health insurance.
The good news is that I now have a primary care physician.
The good news is that the doctor says that I do not have pneumonia.
The bad news is that there are no pills to take to make this go away.
I have been sick with one thing or another since February 10th. For most of that time I have tried not to let it stop me.

Firstly, there were things to do, messages to be relayed and people who needed information and files that are apparently under my dominion.

Secondly, it seemed a damn shame to be incubating all of these germs and not share them with the world. But this past weekend I encountered a particularly nasty version of what for me has of late been the usual and I was home for the week.

At first, I did nothing but sleep but later I alternated between sleeping and working from home. Not because I am the dedicated sort, rather because all those reminder emails were not going to write themselves.

The good news is that I am starting to feel better.
The bad news is that every couple hours I feel faint and need to lay down.
The bad news is that when I lay me down to sleep the coughing keeps me up or wakes me up unless I fall asleep to the sound of golf on TV.

The good news is that I tried to go to work today.
The bad news is that my work computer has seen fit to die on me, a virus perhaps?
So I could do no work while at work. I came home where is it chilly and I do not control the thermostat, my arms are always cold as ice cubes, and I have a big stack of fleece blankets.

I know it is flammable, pills up easily, and does not breathe or temperature regulate but I still consider the inventor of the fluffy fleece blanket to be my own personal savior.

No comments: