Thursday, February 02, 2006

quick note on me

I have been in the East for a few weeks. Not the East Coast, rather The Far East. This is a picture from inside the Forbidden City in Beijing, China.

in the forbidden city

everywhere a starbucks
This is me in front of the Starbucks they have set up inside the Forbidden City demonstrating how cold it is in Beijing right now. Yes, that's right there is a Starbucks in the palace of the emperor. I have a t-shirt to this effect. Take heart, though, dear friends, it could have been worse - McDonald's wanted the location but the city went into an uproar in protest. Some lines even a really good french fry cannot cross.

5 comments:

Lever said...

Is that a hotdog vendor in the far corner of the square?

MomVee said...

How cool! I had no idea you were going, but I missed you. I assume you saw PC and FC?

Kat E said...

welcome back! Love the Starbucks pic...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

:D
Cool!
I need the full update, babe.
*crosses arms and pumps foot up and down*

ergo said...

Lever: that dude is one of the many people who are eager to peddle you touristy nonsense and curio. Best not to make eye contact, lest you be caught in an empassioned struggle for your precious kwai.

Momvee: I did indeed shlep over to Hong Kong and have dinner with PC and FC.

Kat E: Thanks! It's good to be back.

BBFK: Well you now have the highlights. Now I have to get the gumption to post it for everybody.