Thursday, July 26, 2007

count you out like a mathematician

LOL. Okay Sunjunkie, the blogs resume.

Neato energy news:

Sun, sun, sun, here we come
You may or may not know that the Gordon Research Conferences are a very prestigious series of science conferences that happen year 'round on a variety of important and hot topics. Poking around their website today I found out today that part of the electricity they use is solar! which is totally groovy.

I'd like to see the Rhode Island state government setup solar panels on all of their buildings and not just help others get the funding to do it. And have other government buildings and universities and other such entities follow suit.


Black Google
This guy, Mark, wrote a post calculating the energy savings that might result if Google changed the color of the background of their page from White to Black. He did a follow up interview on the subject as well.

This post has lead to a creation of: Blackle - the black background google.


Other News:

-I got a drastic haircut.
-I bought an ipod - my old one died on tour.
-I saw the Bill T. Jones / Arnie Zane dance company in Prospect Park and was bascially gasping in amazement. There is one dancer in his company is particular who is sooooo incredible.
-I read the new Harry Potter book in the span of about 19 hours. Very satisfying read. Expelliarmus!
-I applied for what I have always imagined to be my dream job. I crashed and burned during the test assignment in the second round. Very bad for morale. I am looking for a new dream job
-New York and I are going through a rough patch. The Honeymoon is over. I find myself turning to her and saying, "Geez, why do you have to make everything so difficult? Is all of this really necessary?" I know the answer. The city's reply is, "This is me. This is how I roll. Take me and love me or leave me. There is no in between."

-My new favorite song is "Konichiwa Bitches" by Robyn.

"I'm so very hot that when I rob your mansion
You ain't call the cops, you call the firestation" -Robyn

2 comments:

Groucho Castaneda said...

Not only does "Blackle" save power, but it lets you feel that much more heavy metal while you surf.

I hope your new haircut is a mohawk.

What did you do with your old iPod?

Once again, I feel vindicated in arguing "no" when the wife and I were deciding whether to move to NYC (well, New Jersey - as close as we could afford on our incomes at the time) four years ago.

- E

Groucho Castaneda said...

BTW -

There remains a glimmer of hope for your old iPod.

Should have thought of that earlier.