Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Famousville is a small place

At a late lunch today I sat at a table next to Michael Stipe:


from www.americanmovie.com

or at least someone who looks a whole lot like him. He came in, sat down and read the NYTimes with big black chunky reading glasses.

At a table across the room Ed Burns was having lunch with "the guys."


from www.rottentomatoes.com

Recognized because of his very distinctive voice. I wouldn't have noticed them except that the RM pointed out that that table of hobbits looked like they were from out of town.

Perhaps someday I will interrupt someone famous for no reason except to say "Hey it's you! Hi. I love you. ... um, uh ... bye!" And run off.

My project for next week is to make a list of the people I would like to meet in NYC. It starts with zefrank and Malcolm Gladwell.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, November 09, 2006, Blogger Kat E said...

My NYC celebrity sightings so far:

Natalie Portman (presumably with her parents) at MOMA, and

Flavor Flav (with entourage of rapper types and totally trashy women) at a midtown hotel.

We approached Flav. I gushed about loving "Flavor of Love" and we got our picture taken with him. He is VERY short, and quite unattractive.

 
At 2:05 PM, November 09, 2006, Blogger ldbug said...

We need to check out the petshops in the village where the celebs apparently hang out...then you can point out more famous people that I don't recognize!! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home