Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Famousville is a small place

At a late lunch today I sat at a table next to Michael Stipe:


from www.americanmovie.com

or at least someone who looks a whole lot like him. He came in, sat down and read the NYTimes with big black chunky reading glasses.

At a table across the room Ed Burns was having lunch with "the guys."


from www.rottentomatoes.com

Recognized because of his very distinctive voice. I wouldn't have noticed them except that the RM pointed out that that table of hobbits looked like they were from out of town.

Perhaps someday I will interrupt someone famous for no reason except to say "Hey it's you! Hi. I love you. ... um, uh ... bye!" And run off.

My project for next week is to make a list of the people I would like to meet in NYC. It starts with zefrank and Malcolm Gladwell.

2 comments:

Kat E said...

My NYC celebrity sightings so far:

Natalie Portman (presumably with her parents) at MOMA, and

Flavor Flav (with entourage of rapper types and totally trashy women) at a midtown hotel.

We approached Flav. I gushed about loving "Flavor of Love" and we got our picture taken with him. He is VERY short, and quite unattractive.

ldbug said...

We need to check out the petshops in the village where the celebs apparently hang out...then you can point out more famous people that I don't recognize!! ;-)