Tuesday, March 04, 2008

re-entry

This is week four since the bug first hit me. I feel a lot better which is great. But for whatever reason I also feel disoriented, as if the reset button was hit on my life and I am trying to piece together where and what I was before being laid low.

It reminds me of a short story I read in which a virus is going around with symptoms that are cold/flu-like but when people recover their personalities are significantly transformed. Dog lovers become pet averse. People give up careers they love and drop hobbies they used to be obsessed with in favor of different ones. They fall out of love with their partners and become estranged from their friends and family who don't understand what is going on. But they themselves don't realize that anything has changed. And as more and more people are felled by the virus, the healthy people start to feel more and more alienated.

Hmmmmm ... if you start to seeing different things here, you'll know why. The flu altered my brain.

No comments: