Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The distraction of the day

I rented the movie "Once" this weekend. It's the story of a broken hearted street musician in Ireland who meets a Czech woman. The two become friends and decide to record a demo together. That is a formula waiting to happen but in this case it's not what you think. It's a story about two people who meet and help each other move forward with their lives.

I was pretty ho-hum about it. It's a quiet, very low key kind of movie. But today I find that the soundtrack stuck to me. If you could plug earphones into my head you would hear the songs blasting super super loud with the cresendos filling my chest, pressing outwards.

It would appear that I was of two minds and the movie kinda got around me.



Yesterday, I went to a new place to get lunch and picked up a granola snack there called Granzoti. And today whilst I am stuffed to the gills from lunch, I can't stop eating it. I have a few bits and put the bag away. I start wanting more. I pull the bag back out and have a few more bits. Rinse lather, repeat. Which is fine except that I am starting to feel very full, uncomfortably so.

Come to think of it, maybe I don't like the soundtrack to "Once" as much as I think I do. Maybe it's compounded by my physical reaction to eating too much Granzoti!

As the band Asia would say: "Only time will tell."

No comments: