Wednesday, January 23, 2008

1. I have a zit on the top of my index finger. In the 37 years that I have been alive I will confess that I have had zits on parts of my body that are not the face. But the finger? Good Lord! *sigh*

2. My latest train game is more of a constant state of uncertainty I like to call: "Is that awful smell coming from me?" To date I am pleased to report that it's not me. But I am considering carrying a small bottle of perfume along with my travel size deodorant in my voluminous purse of Tardis-like dimensions, just in case. That and a clothespin for my nose in case it's the other guy.

CK recently warned me that smells (bad smells) can jump from one person to another. And now I am in terror of physical contact folks who are that kind of funky.

3. This past weekend I made a pan of cherry fudge brownies. Cherry brownies have been preying on my imagination for weeks now. I had one in the office which was a-mazing - a rich, tart, moist, chewy, chocolatey delight dusted in powdered sugar. I have wanted to try to replicate it on my own because I haven't been able to stop thinking about them.. So I thawed a bag of frozen cherries and folded them into a brownie mix from the box. It was not quite the experience that I had been hoping for. The whole thing was a delicious oozy chocolately cherry mess straight out of the oven, lacking only for a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. After cooling down, it was more a soggy mass of cherry and chocolate. which when heated up in the microwave is again, a delicious oozy chocolately cherry mess begging for a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. And if I manage to remember to get a pint before I eat my way through this pan, a mini state of melty chocolate cherry a la mode bliss will be achieved.

4. Yesterday, while sitting at dinner with WC we discussed Krispy Kreme donuts with the intensity that one might recount falling in love for the first time.

5. You can now buy a solar powered MP3/Video Player. Very exciting. Look out iPod, your days are numbered.

6. Okay folks, how are you planning to stimulate the economy when you get your tax rebate? There should be a website where some very smart microeconomist has a spending guide that lets us know which kinds of expenditures will create the most jobs, educate the most kids, reduce our debt the most, support innovation, help repair and improve our infractructure, retrain the most workers, stimulate the creation of more small businesses, reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, our carbon footprints and create world peace and global justice. That's where I want my up to $600 to go. There or into a new guitar and a haircut.

No comments: