To the Nines
1. I woke this morning with the following thought that I later shared with CK. I really don't understand why Marge Simpson stays with Homer. Seriously.
2. Door number one or door number two? How about borrowing a chainsaw and cutting out a door of your own?
3. Today was the day of stupid emails at work. I sent emails that made me look stupid. Apparently people are forwarding me emails expecting me to read the whole dang thread ... not because they are too lazy to start a new one.
4. Tomorrow I am taking a guitar lesson. A very expensive one with a very talented artist. I hope that it's helpful and not a collosal waste of lettuce. At the very least I will sit in the presence of someone whose work I admire for one hour. (Is this to a music fan analogous to a lap dance to a man?)
5. Yesterday, I had a cup of hot chocolate that was not very sweet. It was chocolately bordering on bitter. Skating around bitter. And it was delicious.
6. People keep asking me why I don't date guys my own age. If I were a man, they would congratulate me with a touch of envy.
7. All that ran through my head repeatedly today during the first leg of my commute was:
Indie: Throw me the Whip!
Guide: Throw me the Idol!
Indie: Throw me the whip!
Guide: The Idol.
Guide: Adios, Amigo.
8. I have been loitering at an online dating site. I look but I don't get in touch. I feel like I'm window shopping. RL describes it as "Shopping at the Man Mall."
In my profile I declare that people should message me
"If you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain."
It's a reference to a cheesy song from the 80's
9. On IM with PC he encouraged me to get married so that he and FC could come to my wedding and dance with the Priest. (Which I did at his wedding. His priest was a very accomplished swing dancer) I replied that he might be dancing with my priestess. A comment which definitely gave him pause.