Saturday, January 07, 2006

mostro city

I took My Guy to the City Museum and, boy, are my arms tired. No, I did not carry him. No, it is not from having to literally drag him.

The City Museum is a departure from your average museum where you walk around and look at things. Occasionally with someone along to explan why you should be impressed with what you are seeing. The City Museum is more of a deranged human-sized maze. Or as My Guy called it, "A lawsuit waiting to happen."

Rather than gawking and talking, you will find yourself walking, scooting, climbing, crawling, slipping, and sliding. They have some pretty impressive slides, at that. Some of which end with a padded wall to bounce your feet against to stop you. The best part was MonstroCity which was an elaborate outdoor installation made of recycled industrial parts, like whole airplanes.

It is not for the claustrophic, nor for those afraid of heights, nor is it for a person afraid of the dark. Besides that, hey, the kids love it. The adults do too. Wear shoes with traction and clothes that you can roll around in. Pants are a good idea. Knee pads too. Maybe a helmet for those of us unskilled at watching our heads. Be warned, at some point during all of this you will probably break a sweat.

They also have the World Aquarium. It's an aquarium that also has some mammals, reptiles and bug. The star of the show is an albino two headed snake. One head is the lead, but both heads feed.

Next time you are in St. Louis, you should check it out.

4 comments:

Jay said...

At the risk of sounding like a nerd, that sounds really cool.

Lever said...

Mad place. Fun. Tactile. Lawsuit LOL

So were you the kids for the day? ;) :)

aimee said...

Sooz,

good to hear yer diggin stlou. i just got back in town. i heard you had quite a year. real sorry to hear what went down. sad we lost you here in cu, but glad to hear yer doing well, visiting the fun kinda-scary stuff, and playing music!

keep it all on up!

wishing you a much more happy 2006 than years past have come through.

xo
ar

ergo said...

Jay: Beside me there was not a nerd to be seen in the place.

Lever: I was a timid kid and My Guy was a crawl everywhere until you rip your pants kid.

Amalier: Oh wow. Hey! You're back in cu? Cool. I was not sorry to see the close of 2005. It was a hard year and it's nice to be getting some distance from it. Next time I'm in CU I hope I run into you. I'd love to hear about life in the City.

xo