Friday, August 05, 2005

sheepish self-incrimination

I tell myself that if I can write two paragraphs an hour from here until 5pm, I can get a decent draft of 3 chapters of my thesis to my advisor today ... Hahahahah!

Maybe four ... Hahahahah!

No, seriously ... Hahahahah!

The untruths we tell ourselves are probably not funny to others.

Oh, I wish I hadn't fallen asleep.

"The trick about being a liar, is if you're good you can fool yourself. And then even you don't know when to believe you" -Rob McColley

3 comments:

Kat E said...

Here, we are slaves to word count. I think I check the word count after about every 2 sentences I write. I have not yet resorted to techniques such as "these results are really, really, really, really, quite strongly suggestive of a very, very, very, very, very important role for prostaglandins in the inflammatory process." Not yet...

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

LMAO, kat e. I have. Very, very, very many times! *wink* OK, maybe not, but let me just point out that the blog paragraph that you wrote, Sooz, likely took up an allotment of time slotted for some cool rambling on a drosophilia neuron-localized kinase. Now that will have to be left out. *sigh* The scientific community will be worse-off for it. ;)

ergo said...

Hmmmm ... that's really really really very very interestingly fascinating.

I have found that I will write essentially the same sentence a few times and have that be a paragraph. Actually I think I've done that here in some of my posts. *Ha!*

I suspect that time spent blogging has actually spared the scientific community one more unreadable discussion. (After all, who's gonna read this turkey besides my advisor and ... besides my advisor.)