Thursday, July 28, 2005

a so belated political epiphany

My Dear Republican Party,

You have control of the federal government and the laws and policies that you enact will affect the US and the world for many years to come. I congratulate you and remind you that as Stan Lee says in the Spiderman comic with great power comes great responsiblity.

The problems of this nation are yours to solve. And while you cast blame on the media, liberals, the legacy of the Clinton Administration, violins on television, too much immigration, internet pron, and the decay of our moral fiber as a nation, I have decided that the question of who was to blame in the past no longer concerns me. That was then and this is now.

If you, with every political advantage, can't solve problems and accomplish great things for us, I say to you as the Illini hockey fan chants to the away teams' goalie: "It's all your fault. It's all your fault."

The nation is in your hands. People's complaints about lack of money or jobs or opportunity or medical insurance are not my problem, they are yours. As a part of the political minority, it's my job to sit back with a case of cheap beer ('cause it's what I can afford), mock your foibles, and fart in your general direction.

4 comments:

Kat E said...

Also, their mothers were hamsters and their fathers smelt of elderberries.

ergo said...

Precisely.

=)

BeckyBumbleFuck said...

LMAO....the wisdom of Illini hockey fans....nice usage, girl!

oh, and sorry to butt-in but, here's some info....
"President and Vice President of the United States serve for four-year periods, starting on January 20 of the year after the election.

The next election is scheduled for November 4, 2008"

ergo said...

Lever: So with the aid of excellent information from BBFK (many many thanks), my sloppy calculations is 1270 more days of GW as president.

BBFK: Illini hockey has taught me so much about myself and the world at large *wink*

There is a movement aimed changing the law such that a US president can serve more than two terms. If successful, we could have years and years of Bush filled goodness. Are you feelin' it?