Monday, June 27, 2005

end of an affair

My love affair with the summer movie is over for this particular summer. My resume reads as follows:

Hitchhiker's Guide - really likeable.
Crash - decent.
Revenge of the Sith - painful.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith - passable, not as much on screen chemistry as the tabloids would have you believe. Vince Vaughn was a delightful.
Land of the Dead - decent.
Bewitched - very disappointing.

I have not been to the theater for a very long time. And when I entered the theater every preview was promised a world of adventure and delight. On actual investigation, no so much. And that Ben Folds song keeps running through my mind "Give me my money back, give me my money back, you bitch." I should have waited for the DVDs.

3 comments:

Kat E said...

Laugh at me if you will, but I enjoyed Revenge of the Sith. Except, of course, for every single bit of dialogue between Anakin and whoever the hell Natalie Portman played. I think that was even more annoying than Jar-Jar Binks.

ergo said...

Kat e: That Yoda is a pretty good actor. But everyone else was a disapointment. Even Sam Jackson.

searchingforMrDarcy said...

And since when did Natalie Portman's character become so spineless. Dyeing of a broken heart, give me a break.

Oh and Sam Jackson, who is usually one cool dude, was lame in all of the prequels.

I thought Ewan was pretty decent.

And yes don't everyone don't go see Bewitched.